FireMate 451 has recently released a new portal for managing your subscription the FireMate 451 estimating platform. This portal is designed to provide you with visibility into your current or past subscription, software instance details, invoice payment statuses, and to provide automated billing.
Why are we doing this?
We've implemented this tool so that customers can more easily upgrade or downgrade their current plan, as well as choose a more convenient billing cycle. We currently offer 6-month and 12-month intervals, and will be adding a monthly interval, soon.
Additionally, this eliminates the need for us to collect invoice payments manually via check. By simply providing your credit card billing details to the portal, your invoices will be automatically paid using our secure payment gateway.
What does this mean for me?
If you are a new customers that has registered after May 1st, 2018, then there is nothing that changes for you. You are already signed up through the new subscription management portal.
If you are an existing customer who has signed up prior to May 1st, 2018, then the following changes apply to you:
- Your active subscription will remain on the legacy system until it expires. Upon reaching the expiration date, if you visit your FireMate 451 instance, you will be informed that it is expired and that you must visit the new subscription management portal to renew your subscription. This will involve using the password recovery tool to gain access to your account on the portal (use the email address we have on file for you), and then providing your billing details and desired subscription plan. Once signed up, your subscription will be reactivated immediately and you can continue using the software as you have in the past.
- You will no longer be required to host your own external database for the purposes of using the FireMate 451 software. We now host all customer databases in order to main maximum compatibility and performance. You may cancel and discontinue use of any databases you were hosting through AWS or another provider immediately, as all data has already been migrated.
How do I cancel my self-hosted database?
With the launch of the new subscription management portal, we have removed the need for our customers to host their own database (we previously recommended AWS' RDS service). Upon the launch of this new portal, we migrated all existing customers' data into databases that are hosted internally, to maximize performance and reliability. You may cancel and discontinue use of your self-hosted databases immediately.
If you are hosting your database through AWS:
- Log into the AWS Console
- Select "Services" from the top menu bar, and then "RDS" under the "Database" section
- Select "Instances" from the left sidebar menu
- Select the database instance that you provisioned for FireMate 451 use.
Note: If you do not see the desired instance, you may need to change the region that you're viewing. To do that click the region menu between your user name and "Support" in the top right menu bar (typically it will say "Oregon"), then select "US East (N. Virginia)".
- Select the "Instance Actions" menu above the instances list and then select "Delete"
Note: AWS will ask if you would like to save a final snapshot of the database instance prior to deleting it. This is not necessary, but it is up to you if you would like to do that. We already actively maintain your data in the new internally hosted database.
Wait, I have more questions!
If you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please reach out to us by submitting a support ticket.